Visiting Bulgaria ...

For everyone who does not speak Bulgarian

Visiting Bulgaria ...

Мнениеот Levett » Сря Авг 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Hello everyone

I am from South Africa and is visiting Bulgaria in October / November 2014.
My occupation is engineer in military industry but I am also keen small scale gold miner.
We mine in the area of Sabie, Mphumalanga with small wash plant and TLB machine.
From some research on internet, I discovered with big surprise that Bulgaria has interesting minerals!
So now I am very excited to learn more.
Can anyone perhaps guide me to people that can assist me in Bulgaria to visit mineral sites?
It does not have to be professional people, just someone with knowledge of your geology.
If there are any collectors that would like me to bring them specimens of South-African rocks/minerals please feel free to ask.
The YouTube videos of your part time gold mining / prospecting looks like great fun!

Greetings
Levett
Levett

Re: Visiting Bulgaria ...

Мнениеот Ouzoman » Сря Авг 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Levett написа:Hello everyone

I am from South Africa and is visiting Bulgaria in October / November 2014.
My occupation is engineer in military industry but I am also keen small scale gold miner.
We mine in the area of Sabie, Mphumalanga with small wash plant and TLB machine.
From some research on internet, I discovered with big surprise that Bulgaria has interesting minerals!
So now I am very excited to learn more.
Can anyone perhaps guide me to people that can assist me in Bulgaria to visit mineral sites?
It does not have to be professional people, just someone with knowledge of your geology.
If there are any collectors that would like me to bring them specimens of South-African rocks/minerals please feel free to ask.
The YouTube videos of your part time gold mining / prospecting looks like great fun!

Greetings
Levett

Hi Levett,
And welcome to our forum.
My name is Yordan and I'm a software engineer.

There are a few people here which can tell you more about bulgarian minerals:
zolak
http://bgprospector.com/phpbb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64
&
daniela ioneva
http://bgprospector.com/phpbb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=70
for the area around Sofia

and
masterrichi
http://bgprospector.com/phpbb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=131
for the Southeast Bulgaria.

We have also an expert working in a museum of mineralogy.
It is zhivka.
http://bgprospector.com/phpbb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=141

As I don't know their English skills it is better the communication to be led here.

We're trying to organize a small weekend expedition for our members within the period you're here.
So you can join us if you'd like.

Cheers,
Ouzoman
Аватар
Ouzoman

Мнениеот haplio » Чет Авг 14, 2014 10:58 am

Hi Levett and welcome
Here you can see some photos of minerals from Bulgaria - gallery/album.php?album_id=4
Where are you going to stay here?
Аватар
haplio

Мнениеот Vlad Tepes » Чет Авг 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi Levett,

The best information about the Mining Sites at Bulgaria, you can find at the most educated forum about mineralogy :

http://www.mindat.org/lsearch.php?from= ... c=Bulgaria

If you are interested in more detail information U can contact me at mindat.

Regards

Marcus V.
Аватар
Vlad Tepes

Мнениеот Levett » Пет Авг 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank you everyone for the information and kind words!

My home language is Afrikaans, second language English and then I understand very little Russian. So yes maybe to communicate in English will be best ... Google Translate to the rescue!

Yordan, I will feel honored to join you on weekend expedition. Please keep me updated on your plans so that I can make sure that I am in the area at the time.
I am busy with a project that I must finish before I can make my final travelling arrangements. So I can still change my schedule.

Haplio, accommodation I have not yet finalized. I always try to make minimum arrangements so that I am flexible to go where I want.
Maybe it will be visa requirement to have proof of residence in Bulgaria. Then I need to make booking in hotel ... will have to confirm at embassy.
Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks for info Marcus, Had a quick look and saw some interesting minerals e.g. cinnabar that looks like high quality

Greetings
Levett
Levett

Мнениеот haplio » Нед Авг 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Levett,
If you don't have schengen visa you'll need visa for Bulgaria. You'll have to present certain documents and accomodation arrangements is one of them so you'll need a hotel.
Аватар
haplio

Мнениеот Ouzoman » Вто Сеп 02, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Levett

All further details about our October expedition will be posted here bbqbbq
Аватар
Ouzoman

Назад към Foreign corner